The Fight for 15 has captured the imagination of hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers, young people, and occupy and union activists. Now is the time to step up this struggle. We have an historic opportunity. The Fight for 15 has the potential to be a catalyst for turning back the decades-long corporate assault on working people.
We’ve planned a week of action from March 7 to 15 for raising the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $15. These actions can range from organizing a public meeting or town hall, to a picket line outside a McDonald’s, to a major demonstration, and anything in between.
These are the planned events for the 15 Now Week of Action, culminating in the March for $15 on March 15th. Be sure to check back for updates as we hear back from Neighborhood Action Groups about more events.
Please get involved and join in the action!
International Women’s Day
- Seattle, with Kshama Sawant speaking
Sat. March 8, 11:00am, Pratt Park to Hing-Hay Park 1800 S. Main St. Seattle
Bussin’ for 15!
- Sat. March 8, 2pm, Columbia City Library 4721 Rainier Ave S
- Wed. March 12, 6pm, Meet at SCCC
- Sat. March 15, 11am, Meet at Columbia City Library
- Mon. March 10, 8am, MLK & Rainier Pedestrian Bridge
- Tues. March 11, 7:30am, Albro St Bridge, Meet at All City Coffee
- Tues. March 11, 4-6pm, 45th St. over I-5
- Wednesday March 12, 7-9am, 70th over I-5
- Wed. March 12, 7-9am, Albro St. Bridge (over I-5)
- Wed. March 12, 8-9am, Avalon Way and SW Andover St
- Wednesday March 12, 4-6pm, over I-5, cross street TBD
- Thursday March 13, 7-9am, 45th over I-5
- Thursday March 13, 4-6pm, 45th over I-5
- Fri. March 14, 7-9am, MLK & Rainier Pedestrian Bridge
- Friday March 14, 4-6pm, over I-5, cross street TBD
- Tues. March 11, 3pm, UW, Red Square
- Tues. March 11, 4-6pm, Safeway @ Rainier Beach (9262 Rainier Ave S)
- Wed. March 12, 4-6pm, Safeway @ Rainier Beach (9262 Rainier Ave S)
- Wed. March 12, 11-1pm, UW, in front of By George, near Red Square
- Thurs. March 13, 4-6pm, Othello Link Light Rail Station
- Tues. March 11, 7-9pm, Meet at 15 Now Office
- Wed. March 12, 1-3pm, Meet at 15 Now Office
- Thurs. March 13, 7-9pm, Meet at 15 Now Office
Fight Subpay at Subway
- Sat. March 8, 2-4pm, Blakeley Manor (2401 NE Blakeley St)
Space Needle Action
- Sign making – Sun. March 9, 1:30, meet at Seattle Central Community College Cafeteria
- Thurs. March 13, 6-8pm, bottom of the Space Needle
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray appointed Howard S. Wright III to co-chair his new Income Inequality Task Force. Wright is the partial owner of the Space Needle and the Cedarbrook Lodge, which vigorously opposed Proposition 1 to raise wages in Sea-Tac. After Prop 1. passed in November, an onslaught of lawsuits has left 4,700 workers at the airport out in the cold without the raise they fought for and won at the ballot. We call on Howard Wright to clarify his position on Prop. 1, and on $15 for Seattle workers.
WA YELL for $15
Meet at Ozzie’s on Queen Anne, 105 W Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98119 at 6:00 P.M.
Can’t meet us at Ozzie’s….no problem! We will be checking-in on Facebook and Twitter at each location. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter at Washington YELL!
March for $15
- Saturday, March 15th, 1pm, Judkins Park, Seattle, WA
- Huskies March for $15: Rideshare from UW campus to Judkins Park. Meet at 12:30pm at Burke Museum (17th Ave NE and NE 45th St)
- Saturday, March 15th, 4pm, Tacoma, WA. Public meeting in the main library meeting room, 1102 Tacoma Ave South. email@example.com